THE OUTFIT

THE OUTFIT
Beats, Rhymes, & Life

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bobbito & Stretch Armstrong Show. November 17, 1995

I can remember living right off the 6 train in the Bronx in an apartment with one of my homeboys Anthony (may he rest in peace). Although we had a living room, neither of us ever really saw it. We lived out of our bedrooms. I remember having a great view of the train. I would gaze out my bedroom window at nights and stare at the city lights. I watched the trains come and go. I would stay up so late on Wednesday nights/Thursday mornings recording Bob and Stretch just staring out that window. These guys where as much part of New York City Hip Hop as Red Alert and KISS, as much as Marley Marl and WBLS. The difference... Bob & Stretch were raw, uncut and unadulterated. This didn't just mean you would hear curses. To me it meant you could tell they loved what they did, why they did it.

In order to turn these into MP3 files I have to record from cassette to laptop at real time. So the length you hear is exactly how long each show took me to record. Not bragging, just hoping you understand how much respect I feel these guys warrant. Here's another selection from my personal cassette collection.

Enjoy.

November 17, 1995 Part 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?yxedqnniaml

November 17, 1995 Part 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?03kzczmehuv

No comments:

Post a Comment